4NEMO – Research Network for the Development of New Methods in Energysystem Modeling
The 4NEMO project aims at an extended integration of economic and social dynamics and related uncertainties into energysystem models. For this purpose, existing models will be developed further in order to allow for a better comparison between models. Moreover, integrated scenarios will be developed and used to conduct a model comparison exercise. Respective results will be used to show strengths, weaknesses and comparative advantages of the different models and to improve the transparency in energy-system modeling.
Advisory board members:
- Dr. Stefan Ulreich, E.ON SE
- Dr. Wolfgang Weimer-Jehle, Center for Interdisciplinary Risk and Innovation Studie (ZIRIUS)
- Geoffrey J. Blanford, PhD, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- Dr. Hans Roth, Stadtwerke München GmbH
- Prof. Bob van der Zwaan, Energy research Centre of the Netherlands & Unversity of Amsterdam
- Paul Dean, PhD, Unversity College Cork
- Dr. Michael Pahle, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
- Dr. Tom Kober, Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI)
The project is supported by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).